Write to us
The Foundation Stage Forum Ltd,
65 High Street,
We’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to speak to us about a story, a conference, or an event you’d like us to be involved in, just email:
Who are we
Tapestry is a product of the
Foundation Stage Forum Ltd
Read Our Story
Tapestry is an online learning journal which enables educators to capture children’s learning and development throughout the day.
Tapestry has been developed by Foundation Stage Forum Ltd, an educational technology company which was founded in 2012 and is based in Lewes. Tapestry has more than 17,000 accounts and is used in more than 40 countries.
Using sophisticated digital technologies, Tapestry is changing the way children’s learning journeys are recorded in early years education and also helping practitioners to use their time as effectively as possible. Tapestry is also transforming the way parents and carers stay in touch with what their young children are doing throughout the day and helps to strengthen the link between young children’s development at home and in their early years setting.
Tapestry is the brainchild of technologist Steve Edwards and his early years practitioner wife, Dr Helen Edwards. They are deeply involved in the early years sector and previously created the successful Foundation Stage Forum which has more than 30,000 members. Tapestry is also a sponsor of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Childcare and Early Education.
Need a log in button for your site?
We’ve created some simple buttons for your own website.
<a href="https://tapestryjournal.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><img style="border: 1px solid #ddd; border-radius: 4px; padding: 4px;" src="https://eylj.org/public/images/log_in_a.gif" alt="Log into Tapesty: Online learning journal" /></a>
<a href="https://tapestryjournal.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://eylj.org/public/images/log_in_b.gif" alt="Log into Tapesty: Online learning journal" style="border:1px solid #ddd; border-radius: 4px; padding: 4px;" /></a>
<a href="https://tapestryjournal.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://eylj.org/public/images/log_in_c.gif" alt="Log into Tapesty: Online learning journal" style="border:1px solid #ddd; border-radius: 4px; padding: 4px;" /></a>
<a href="https://tapestryjournal.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://eylj.org/public/images/log_in_d.gif" alt="Log into Tapesty: Online learning journal" style="border:1px solid #ddd; border-radius: 4px; padding: 4px;" /></a>
Articles and Studies where Tapestry has featured
- Is LFH here to stay? Meet Tapestry, an ’emergency service’ during COVID-19. Jonathan Symcox for BusinessCloud. https://businesscloud.co.uk/is-lfh-here-to-stay-meet-edtech-tapestry-an-emergency-service-during-covid-19/
- 8 great EYFS podcasts worth checking out. Jess Gosling for TES. https://www.tes.com/news/eyfs-podcasts-apple-spotify-teachers-idea-listen
- Opinion: Reflecting on the science, the art, and the craft of teaching. Dr Helen Edwards and Juliet Mickelburgh for Early Year Educator. https://www.earlyyearseducator.co.uk/features/article/opinion-reflecting-on-the-science-the-art-and-the-craft-of-teaching
- Focus: Guide to management software. Sal Mckeown for Early Years Educator. https://www.earlyyearseducator.co.uk/features/article/focus-guide-to-management-software
- Christmas performances and how to salvage them. Ben Case for Headteacher Update. https://www.headteacher-update.com/best-practice-article/christmas-performances-and-how-to-salvage-them-primary-school-show-play/232501/
- Parent engagement – Our simple parent communication strategy has paid dividends. Kerry Stamp for Teachwire. https://www.teachwire.net/news/parent-engagement-our-simple-parent-communication-strategy-has-paid-dividends
- Being outside is more important than ever. Juliet Mickelburgh for The Headteacher. https://www.theheadteacher.com/school-procurement/outdoor-spaces/being-outside-is-more-important-than-ever
- Tes campaign: Classrooms to Care Homes. Grainne Hallahan for TES. https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-christmas-tes-campaign-classrooms-care-homes
- Technology Use in Schools During Covid-19. Tony Parkin, Dita Caunite-Bluma, Kristaps Ozolins, and Ernest Jenavs for Edurio. Page 27.
- Post lockdown: three areas for primary schools to build on. Emma Lee-Potter for Headteacher Update. https://www.headteacher-update.com/knowledge-bank/post-lockdown-three-areas-for-primary-schools-to-build-on-parents-teachers-wellbeing-remote-education-technology-coronavirus-tapestry/227767/
- This is the story of how a pen and paper solution in a special school went digital and became a global success. Stephen Kilgour for Teaching Times. https://www.teachingtimes.com/this-is-the-story-of-how-a-pen-and-paper-solution-in-a-special-school-went-digital-and-became-a-global-success/
- Revealed: the 50-plus online platforms used by schools. Amy Gibbons for TES. https://www.tes.com/news/revealed-50-plus-online-platforms-used-schools
- EYFS : 6 ways we adapted our teaching during lockdown. Helen Pinnington for TES. https://www.tes.com/news/eyfs-6-ways-we-adapted-our-teaching-during-lockdown
- 7 tips for using online learning journals in EYFS. Helen Pinnigton for TES. https://www.tes.com/news/7-tips-using-online-learning-journals-eyfs
- Answering your questions about EY online communities during a crisis. Helen and Steve Edwards interview for Nursery Management Today. http://nmt-magazine.co.uk/answering-your-questions-about-ey-online-communities-during-a-crisis/
- Cherry Garden’s system for recording progress of children with SEND. /wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/05/Cherry-Garden-Recording-Progress-of-Children-with-SEND-PDF.pdf
- Early years teachers urge new govt to listen to sector. /wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/05/Early-Years-Teachers-Urge-New-Govt-to-Listen-to-Sector-PDF.pdf
- Tapestry launches essential reflective practice feature. /wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/05/Reflective-Practice-PDF.pdf